Tired of poor fuel efficiency? Well, don’t worry, our list of the best carburetor for 350 Chevy will help you get a better fuel consumption and efficiency, along with that, you will be able to save some money too.
Chevy 350 is known to be a powerful vehicle because of its robust engine. It can end up being very costly for you without a carburetor. Now you may have a question in mind that “what is a best carburetor for Chevy 350?”
To help you make an informed and learned decision, we picked out the best carburetors for 350 Chevy so, without any further ado, let’s move on to the carburetors.
Table of Contents
- 1 10 Best Carburetor For 350 Chevy Reviews
- 1.1 01. Edelbrock 1406 Performer-Best Overall carburetor for 350 Chevy
- 1.2 02. New Carburetor for Type Rochester 2GC-Best Affordable Carburetor for Chevy 350
- 1.3 03. Holley 0-1850S Model-Best Value for money Carburetor for Chevy 350
- 1.4 04. Jet 35002 Rochester-Best Easy to install carburetor for Chevy 350
- 1.5 05. Quick Fuel Technology SL-600-VS-Best easy to adjust carburetor for Chevy 350
- 1.6 06. Partol 2 Barrel Carburetor-Best carburetor for improved horsepower
- 1.7 07. Holley 0-1850sa Aluminum-Best corrosion-free carburetor
- 1.8 08. Edelbrock 1405 Carburetor-Best high-power carburetor
- 1.9 09. Demon 1901 625 CFM-Best primary to secondary throttle response
- 1.10 10. Holley 0-7448 Model-Best Carburetor with a greater control
- 2 Buying Consideration of Best Carburetor for 350 Chevy
- 3 FAQ’s of What is the Best Carburetor For a Chevy 350
- 3.0.1 Q1) What are the different parts of a carburetor?
- 3.0.2 Q2) Carburetors come in different types, what are they?
- 3.0.3 Q3) What are the major functions of a carburetor?
- 3.0.4 Q4) What are the pro and cons of the carburetor?
- 3.0.5 Q5) Can a carburetor go bad? If yes, then how?
- 3.0.6 Q6) What are some symptoms that tell you that the carb of your vehicle needs to be replaced?
- 3.0.7 Q7) What is the best brand carburetor for 350 Chevy?
- 3.0.8 Q8) How often do carburetors need to be cleaned?
- 4 Conclusion
10 Best Carburetor For 350 Chevy Reviews
01. Edelbrock 1406 Performer-Best Overall carburetor for 350 Chevy
The first carburetor on our list is the Edelbrock 1406 performer, it is known to provide excellent performance on a daily basis. If you look at its appearance, it has a shiny silver finish and it is also calibrated for gasoline.
It is constructed with aluminum for operation in cooler temperatures and also to prevent warping.
The thing that most drivers and Chevy owners appreciate about this carburetor is that it gives an opportunity to have better acceleration and also to have better drivability.
It supplies the engine with a balanced ratio of air and fuel which gives you fuel efficiency.
The only thing that you may not like about this carburetor is that it is not very easy to install, it may take more than 90 minutes to have it installed.
- Primary venturi booster
- Timed and full vacuum ports
- 098 inches primary jet diameter
- Single feed fuel inlet
- Electric choke
- Saves fuel and money
- Electric choke warms up the engine quicker than the manual one
- The metering rods prevent backfiring
- Not very easy to install
02. New Carburetor for Type Rochester 2GC-Best Affordable Carburetor for Chevy 350
The second carburetor that we have on our list is the New Carburetor for Type Rochester 2GC 2 Barrel Chevrolet Chevy. If you have been looking for a strong and sturdy carb that is also affordable then you have stopped at the right place.
It adds more horsepower and also maintains the mileage. You will not have to refuel your vehicle again and again when this carb is installed in your vehicle.
It also comes with a gasket and a seal but quite a few people may not prefer the gasket that comes with it because it may feel cheap to them. So, you can replace the original gasket and get a stronger one.
Since it is constructed with heavy-duty metal, it will last you for quite a while and you will not see warping.
You will feel the difference in the fuel economy after having this carb installed. So, we highly recommend this carb for its great performance and heavy-duty construction.
- It has a large base
- Carb comes with a gasket and a seal
- Heavy-duty metal construction
- Fuel efficiency
- Easy installation
- No adjustments needed
- The gasket may cause leaks
03. Holley 0-1850S Model-Best Value for money Carburetor for Chevy 350
If you look at this Holleey Carb, you will see a nice shiny finish. It has a dichromate finish which prevents the carb from getting corroded.
Since it is constructed with metal, it is designed to last for a long period of time. It also comes with advanced features such as the blow out protection feature which makes sure that the operation of the carb is trouble-free.
The only drawback of this carb is that it comes with a manual choke, even though it maintains the temperature of the engine, the choke system may not be great for everyone because it has to be operated manually.
We highly recommend this carb because it gives you the ultimate performance as soon as it comes out of the box, you don’t have to spend time making adjustments. Also, the good thing is that it is easy to install.
- Dichromate finish
- Metal construction
- Bolt-on performance
- Center-hung float
- Manual choke
- Comes with replaceable jets
- Idles smoothly
- Ready to give amazing performance right out the box
- Low RPM
- The choke is manual
04. Jet 35002 Rochester-Best Easy to install carburetor for Chevy 350
The next carb that we have for you all in the Jet 35002 Rochester, it is renowned for providing a great throttle response and improved idle quality. Unlike many other carbs, this one is quite easy to install and use.
You can install it all by yourself in less than 90 minutes. It also provides a smooth idle and a smooth transition. The coolest thing about this carb is that whether your engine is warm or cold, it will start it right away.
You won’t have to wait for the engine to get warm. If you are from an area where you get a lot of snow then this carburetor is definitely the one made for you.
If you are installing it yourself then make sure that you look at the instructions properly otherwise you will end up fixing it wrongly and it may even cause leakages.
- High-speed circuits
- Four barrels for better acceleration
- Maximum torque and horsepower
- Dual plane aluminum intake
- Improved idle quality
- Great throttle response
- Easy installation
- Easy operation whether the engine is warm or not
- If not installed properly, leakages will be caused
05. Quick Fuel Technology SL-600-VS-Best easy to adjust carburetor for Chevy 350
Then we have quick fuel technology carb on the fifth place, it is designed while ensuring high performance and durability. It is manufactured with aluminum which prevents the carb from becoming too heavy.
It contains a secondary metering plate which comes with changeable jets. You take it out of the box and it is all set to be used and to provide you a great performance along with fuel efficiency.
In most other carbs, you may have to make a lot of adjustments, but when it comes to this one, you will only have to make slight adjustments and the tune will last for a long time.
Some people have a lot of trouble making adjustments but with this carb, you will not have to make major adjustments.
If we talk about the body of the carb, we will see that it is made with aluminum but has a very shiny finish. It also extends the life of your engine.
The installation may be slightly difficult, it not installed properly it will not run.
Even then, we highly recommend this carb for its amazing performance and the convenience that it provides to the users.
- Secondary metering plate with replaceable jets
- All aluminum parts
- Four barrels
- Universal throttle levers
- Ready to operate right out of the box
- Replacing springs is not needed
- Prevents leakage
- Installation may not be very easy
06. Partol 2 Barrel Carburetor-Best carburetor for improved horsepower
Now we have the Patrol 2-barrel carb, it will be a life-changer for your vehicle as it will provide fuel efficiency, better mileage and will also improve the horsepower.
It also comes with a gasket and a seal. It is constructed with heavy-duty metal which is why it is quite durable. It will last you for a long period of time without any corrosion or rust.
The one that you have to keep in mind when dealing with this carb is that its oil channels will be blocked if not cleaned properly. So, make sure that you clean the oil channels to prevent the oil blockage.
Also, some people may not appreciate the fact that it is two barrels, a two-barrel carb may not be able to deal with high RPM which may also disturb the acceleration. If you need better acceleration then this carb may not be for you.
- Improved fuel economy
- Metal construction
- Comes with a gasket and a seal
- 2-barrel carb
- Adds horsepower
- Comes with accessories
- Durable and sturdy
- May not provide better acceleration because it is 2-barrel
07. Holley 0-1850sa Aluminum-Best corrosion-free carburetor
Then in the seventh place, we have Holley 0-1850sa Aluminum carb. Since it is constructed with aluminum it prevents warping and it also saves the weight of over 5 pounds.
It comes with a manual choke which might be a hassle for some people but it does maintain the temperature of the engine.
It is designed to provide great street performance. Also, with its aluminum construction, you get a stunning shiny finish. It has a single feed inlet which makes the installation easier as compared to other carbs.
We highly recommend this carb to the people who are looking for one that works efficiently right out of the box and also has an easy installation.
- 4-barrel booster carb
- Aluminum alloy body
- Power valve blow-out protection
- Universal calibration system
- Manual choke
- It is 4-barrel
- Saves additional weight
- Easy to install
- Improved fuel economy
- Manual choke
08. Edelbrock 1405 Carburetor-Best high-power carburetor
On number eight, we have the Edelbrock carburetor. It is specifically designed and calibrated to make sure that it provides optimum marine performance.
It also comes with a single feed fuel inlet that has a secondary type of air valve. It has a manual choke with a 4-barrel square bore carburetor flange.
It is constructed with all aluminum which works great in all kinds of temperatures and also reduces warping. Since it has four barrels, it provides excellent acceleration and it also delivers high-quality everyday performance without any disturbance.
We highly recommend this carburetor because it is well constructed, high power and it is also durable. Ensure its maintenance and you will enjoy fuel efficiency for quite some time.
- No gaskets below the fuel bowl
- No plastic parts
- Prevents blowouts
- Times and full vacuum ports
- The electric choke can be added if needed
- Precisely tuned, it maintains the tune as well
- The transition between circuits takes place easily through metering rods
- Leakages may be caused if not fixed properly
09. Demon 1901 625 CFM-Best primary to secondary throttle response
Next up we have a carburetor called Demon 1901, it is a four-barrel carb with an electric choke which will make sure that you are able to start the vehicle instantly whether your engine is warm or cold.
The installation also becomes very easy with the single fuel inlet. Since the bowl comes with a gasket and is above the fuel level so you won’t have to worry about any potential leakages.
It also comes with an advanced feature that is the torsion spring valve control, it has the ability to provide a seamless primary to secondary throttle response.
This carb is known to provide great fuel efficiency. With this carb, if you live in extremely cold areas, you will never face the issue of the vehicle not starting because it will make sure that you are able to start the vehicle easily.
- Four-barrel carb with a dual mounting pattern
- No plugged passages
- Torsion spring valve control and adjustment
- 2-stage metering rods
- The efficient heat insulation system
- Easy installation
- One-piece assembly
- You will have to clean it to prevent oil blockages
10. Holley 0-7448 Model-Best Carburetor with a greater control
Lastly, we have the Holley 0-7448 for you all, it takes the last spot because it is expensive as compared to the other carbs, otherwise, it has amazing performance and working.
With this carb, you get a trouble-free operation because the power valve that comes with it provides a blow out protection.
It also has a single feed fuel inlet which makes the installation easy, the float is also center-hung for this carb.
If you look at its appearance then you will see that it has a dichromate finish which prevents it from corroding or even getting dents or nicks.
It comes with a manual choke which provides greater control however, some people who prefer the electric choke may not like the fact that it has a manual choke. Even then, we highly recommend this carburetor for its amazing performance.
- Wet flow tested and calibrated
- Manual choke for easy control
- Single feed fuel inlet
- Power valve blow out protection
- Factory 30 cc accelerator pump
- Dichromate finish
- Durable and corrosion-resistant
- Mixes the right amount of air and gasoline
- Manual choke
By looking at the different carburetors for your Chevy 350, you may now be ready to choose one but before you make your final decision, it is essential that you have a look at the buying considerations of it.
Buying Consideration of Best Carburetor for 350 Chevy
First and foremost, you have to be aware of the price of the carburetor. Since there are so many manufacturers and each brand or manufacturer is producing so many different models of the carburetor which have so many similarities and differences.
So, before you keep your eyes on one of the carburetors, it is important that you know your budget. This way, you will find one that will be suitable to your budget and also to your needs. You will not overspend.
Carburetors have to be durable and sturdy and they can only be sturdy if they are constructed with strong material. Most of the carburetors that you will see will be made with aluminum alloys or heavy-duty metal.
A carburetor built with aluminum alloy will be less heavy and it will also prevent the carb from warping. It is also great for cooler areas.
The heavy-duty metal is super strong, it can sustain in all kinds of temperatures and it will also last for a longer period of time. So, before you make your final decision, make sure that you have a look at the material.
Then comes the most important part of a carburetor, and it is fuel efficiency. the carburetor will be able to provide fuel efficiency only when it is able to mix the right ratios of gasoline and air to provide to the engine of your vehicle.
When the engine gets the right amount of the air and gasoline, it consumes less fuel. If you are a Chevy owner, then you must know how excess fuel is consumed without the carb.
So, make sure that you get a carb that is compatible with your vehicle and is able to provide improved fuel economy.
Electric or manual choke
Now talking about the chokes, there are two types of chokes. One if electric and the other one is manual. The electric choke is able to operate manually, this is because it is connected to the circuit.
You will not have to adjust the airflow, on the contrary, the manual choke requires adjustment of the airflow and it can be quite tough for some people.
People who get used to the manual chokes opt for them but most of the people like to go for electric chokes.
Especially in colder areas, starting the car can be a hassle because the engine needs to get warm. With electric chokes, you can easily start the vehicle even if your engine is warm or not.
Now coming to the body of the carburetors. A carburetor must have a strong and corrosion-resistant body so that there is no risk of carb damage which eventually leads to leakages.
Some carburetors have a one-piece body that is very easy to install while others have a two-piece body that is not very easy to install.
Make sure that you get a carb that has a strong and sturdy body that can sustain various temperatures.
Then comes the finish of the carb, a lot of the carbs have a very nice shiny finish. Especially the ones that have dichromate finish.
The dichromate finish prevents the carb from getting corroded or rusty. Since it doesn’t get corroded, the durability of the carb is also increased. There are only a few carbs which may not have a nice finish but most of them have a pretty nice finish.
Some carburetors have two barrels and some have four barrels. When a high acceleration is needed, a high RPM is also required.
The carb with two barrels will not be able to handle the high RPM and then it may stall. In order to have better and improved acceleration, you need to get your hands on a carburetor that has four barrels.
The two barrels are enough only to handle the low power and air. If you have a vehicle that has a high power then you surely need a four-barrel carburetor.
the carburetor should be able to give you a good throttle response. Throttle response is basically the response of the acceleration requests.
You should get a quick response without lag time. By adding a carburetor to your vehicle, you will be able to get a good throttle response which will improve the car’s performance and it also maximizes the durability and potential of the engine.
Also, you need to get a carburetor that is easy to tune. Not only should it be easy to tune but it must also be able to sustain the tuning.
You must also be easily able to access the adjustment features such as the screws, air filters and other components for the adjustment of the flow of air and fuel.
Prevention of leakage
Lastly, you also need to consider the leakage. Sometimes leakage can be caused in a carburetor and there can be multiple reasons for it.
The leakage may be caused by a corroded carb or because of a gasket not fixed properly. So, you have to make sure that you get your hands on a carb that prevents leakages.
Now after looking at the buying considerations, let’s have a look at the frequently asked questions.
FAQ’s of What is the Best Carburetor For a Chevy 350
Q1) What are the different parts of a carburetor?
The different parts of the carburetor consist of a throttle valve, a strainer, a venturi, a metering system, an idling system, a float chamber, a mixing chamber, an idle and a transfer port, and a choke valve.
All of these combine together to make sure that the carb performs its function properly.
The modern carburetors consist of throttle return check, anti-dieseling solenoid, and automatic mixture control. All of the modern features vary from model to model.
Q2) Carburetors come in different types, what are they?
A carburetor has three different types, the types depend upon the direction in which the fuel and air mixture is supplied.
The three different types of the carburetor are as follow:
- Up-draft carburetor: In the up-draft carburetor, the air is supplied from the bottom of the mixing chamber.
- Horizontal type carburetor: In the horizontal type carburetor, the air is supplied from a side of the carburetor.
- Down-draft carburetor: In a down-draft carburetor, the air is supplied from the above part of the mixing chamber.
The most commonly used type of carburetor is the down-draft carburetor. This is because the gravity assists the flow of the air and fuel mixture, the engine is able to pull the mixture better at a lower speed under load.
Volumetric efficiency in higher volumes can also be achieved through this type of carburetor. This position of the carburetor is said to be more accessible.
Q3) What are the major functions of a carburetor?
The functions of the carburetor are as follow:
- The main function of the carburetor is mixing the right ratios of the fuel and air, and to provide this mixture to the engine so fuel efficiency can be achieved.
- The carburetor is also responsible for controlling the speed of the engine.
- Maintenance of the ratio between air and fuel is also maintained by a carburetor. It provides a balance between both.
- With the changing load and speed of the engine, it increases or decreases the amount of fuel and air mixture.
- It keeps certain fuel in the float at all times.
- The creation of a homogenous air and fuel mixture is also done by the carburetor.
Q4) What are the pro and cons of the carburetor?
The advantages/pros of carburetors are as follow:
- Fuel efficiency is achieved with the help of a carburetor. You also get to save some money.
- As compared to the fuel injectors, the parts of the carburetors are easily available and they are available at affordable prices.
- By installing a carburetor, the engine of your vehicle gets greater air and fuel mixture.
- Carbs have greater power and precision.
The disadvantages/cons of carburetors are as follow:
- As compared to fuel injectors, the carburetors have greater air emissions.
- The maintenance carburetor may require a higher cost.
Q5) Can a carburetor go bad? If yes, then how?
Since a carburetor is also a machine, it can also go bad. You cannot always expect from the carburetor to provide the perfect balance because it can go bad too.
The going bad of the carburetor depends upon the clogging or blockage of the internal parts of the carburetor.
If the power valve inside the carburetor goes bad then it will end up causing damage to the engine when the needle valve of the carb gets dirty, then it will prevent the valve from closing.
This will result in the overflowing of the fuel. The flooding of the carb will take place and the fuel will reach to the throat of the carb. An engine that is flooded will not start and there will be a fire hazard too.
Q6) What are some symptoms that tell you that the carb of your vehicle needs to be replaced?
Over time, the carb can lose its original shape and it can go bad. Some of the signs that indicate that the carb is going bad are as follow:
- A notable difference in the fuel economy, you will see that the consumption of fuel has increased.
- If the vehicle is idling too fast then this is also one of the symptoms.
- If you observe that your vehicle is stalling even at a low speed then you need to get the carb checked.
- In caseload, the vehicle may not perform well, this also means that the engine is not getting the needed air and fuel mixture.
- If your vehicle idles roughly then this is also one of the symptoms.
If you notice any one of the above symptoms then have your mechanic take a look at the carburetor and figure out the problem. The mechanic will tell you whether the carb needs to be repaired or whether it needs replacement.
Q7) What is the best brand carburetor for 350 Chevy?
There are quite a few names which are renowned for making the best carburetors for Chevy 350, these names include Holley, Edelbrock, Rochester, Demon and so many others.
Each one of them has been known to make carburetors with the high build quality and high performance. We have added some of the most famous and high-performance models of carburetors manufactured by these brands on our list.
Q8) How often do carburetors need to be cleaned?
The carburetors need to be cleaned every six months, if they are not cleaned in this time period then over time, they will lead to the clogging of the carb.
This way, it will cause damage to the engine and the fuel efficiency will not be achieved either.
The aim of creating this article was to come up with all the essentials that may be needed when making a decision relating to a carburetor for Chevy 350.
You may be lost; you may not be able to figure out which one to buy so with the help of this list you will get the best carb which will be according to your budget and need.
Let’s save some bucks by achieving fuel efficiency. We wish you the best of luck. Let’s get started with the carburetor shopping!