This article discusses the best cam for 5.7 Hemi Challenger that you can invest in.
If you are experiencing some form of issues with your engine’s performance, you need to conduct a check on your camshaft.
Once you notice or find out the camshaft is damaged, it is time to consider a replacement.
If you fail to replace a faulty camshaft, it lowers or limits your engine’s performance and efficiency.
We understand how complex, difficult, and exhausting it may be to check through several cam brands and designs available on the market with the intention and expectation of finding the best or excellent design to purchase.
This is why we have conducted our research and picked 10 top designs that you can invest in for incredible performance and top value for money.
The top cam designs/brands for 5.7 Hemi Challenger on the market are Comp Cams, GELUOXI, NEWZQ, NICEKE, GLOSSY AUTO PARTS, and OCPTY.
- The Comparison Table of Best Cam For 5.7 Hemi Challenger 2021
- Top 10 Best Cam For 5.7 Hemi Challenger Reviews
- 01. Comp Cams 201-300-17 NSR HRT
- 02. COMP Cams 201-424-17 XFI 218/226
- 03. GELUOXI 53022372AA
- 04. NEWZQ MDS Lifters Camshaft Kit
- 05. GELUOXI MDS Lifters Camshaft Engine Gasket Kit
- 06. NICEKE MDS Lifters 5.7 HEMI Camshaft Head Gasket Kit Replacement
- 07. GLOSSY AUTO PARTS MDS Lifters Camshaft Kit Replacement
- 08. Comp Cams Thumpr NSR Non-VVT 5.7/6.1L HEMI
- 09. Comp Cams Thumpr NSR Cam for ’09+ Dodge 5.7/6.4L HEMI
- 10. OCPTY Engine Camshaft kit
- Buying Factors of Choosing Best Cam For 5.7 Hemi Challenger
- The Common FAQs of Cam For 5.7 Hemi Challenger
- What does the camshaft do in the vehicle?
- How do I know that my camshaft is going bad?
- Why do I need to replace/upgrade my vehicle’s camshaft?
- How much does a camshaft replacement cost?
- What is the difference between the camshaft and crankshaft?
- Where is the camshaft sensor located on my vehicle?
- How does the camshaft enhance the engine’s horsepower?
- What is the average life span of a camshaft?
The Comparison Table of Best Cam For 5.7 Hemi Challenger 2021
What is the best cam for 5.7 Hemi Challenger?
The best and most advanced cam for the 5.7 Hemi Challenger is Comp Cams. This product is designed as a perfect fit for modern Hemi engines.
Why Comp Cams is the best brand for the 5.7 Hemi challenger?
Comp Cams is a product of improved and advanced technology. It is built to offer your Hemi improved power, strength, and performance. Thanks to its unique camshaft finishing technology. Also, it guarantees lasting durability by spreading the surface load.
Top 10 Best Cam For 5.7 Hemi Challenger Reviews
01. Comp Cams 201-300-17 NSR HRT
- 63 pounds in weight
- 76 x 1.97 x 2.76 inches in dimension
- Springs not required
- High elevation airflow
- Specific for Dodge 5.7L HEMI ’09
- Max performance at 3000 – 7000 rpm
This product is a result of extensive research and development. After a series of in-house testing, the Comp Cams 201-300-17 was certified market-worthy.
It offers impressive performance gains even on the roughest terrain.
We can confidently say that a lot of work and effort was invested in ensuring this camshaft delivers on expectations.
This is evident in the level of popularity and trusts it enjoys from Dodge owners.
If you are replacing your Dodge jeep’s camshaft anytime soon and need a product you can trust for optimum performance, increased torque, and guaranteed protection for your engine, here is a perfect replacement option you can consider.
The kit is equipped with all the necessary components and accessories that you need to complete the entire installation task at a pocket-friendly price.
The most notable inclusion is the CK-Kit plus drop-in performance lifters.
- The kit comes with installation parts and accessories
- Guarantees improved strength and performance
- Pocket-friendly design
- Designed to move the most air and produce an impressive amount of power
- Some kits do not come with assembly tubes or filters
- Not an ideal choice for racing purpose
02. COMP Cams 201-424-17 XFI 218/226
- 1,900 – 6,500 rpm basic operating range
- 13 pounds in weight
- No springs required
- 612 “/0.605” valve lifter
- Fits Dodge 5.7 / 6.4L HEMI with VVT
- 1 x 2.9 x 2.6 inches in dimension
This is another incredible design from Comp Cams. This top-quality camshaft guarantees improved performance and enhanced torque.
It is durable and strongly built to ensure performance is not affected under extreme conditions.
Suppose you are on the lookout for a reliable and dependable camshaft for your Dodge 5.7. In that case, this amazing power plant is a worthy pick.
The VVT (Variable Valve Timing) technology ensures performance and power are fully maximized during application.
COMP Cams 201-424-17 XFI 218/226 is designed or built from a billet core, which guarantees an incredible level of durability and strength sufficient enough to get the best out of your 5.7L and 6.4L engines.
Although this design is a bit expensive, its features and the incredible amount of improvement it offers to ensure high-level engine efficiency make it a worthy investment.
You can never go wrong with this camshaft, and you will surely get value for money spent.
- Guarantees incredible performance and improved power
- Durable and strongly built to withstand extreme condition
- The components or parts are made from premium materials
- A bit expensive
03. GELUOXI 53022372AA
- 46 x 2.91 x 2.64 inches in dimension
- Perfect fit for 2009-2019 Dodge Challenger Charger
- Advanced multi-displacement system
- 34 pounds in weight
- Built with premium quality materials
- The VVT motor’s crank comes with 58 notches
GELUOXI 53022372AA is an exclusive design for Dodge vehicles. So, it can’t be installed on other vehicle models.
This camshaft is designed with great emphasis on ensuring users experience a comfortable ride from time to time.
This product is equipped with several amazing features. The most notable feature is the multi-displacement system uniquely designed to ensure the cylinders open and close automatically.
This eradicates fuel wastage by closing the cylinders when they are not in operation.
Another feature worth mentioning is the VVT (variable valve timing) technology. The VVT ensures the engine generates optimum improvement in speed and performance.
Thanks to its impressive number of notches.
When it comes to longevity, the premium material used in building this cam offers improved durability, thereby prolonging the engine’s life.
- Improves fuel efficiency
- Guarantees increased power and torque
- Offered at an affordable price
- Durable and long-lasting design
- Designed specifically for Dodge vehicles
04. NEWZQ MDS Lifters Camshaft Kit
- 27 x 14.3 x 4.1 inches in dimension
- Specially designed for 2009-18 Chrysler Dodge jeep
- 29 pounds in weight
- Comes with an MDS system
- Made from premium materials
This is another design on our list with Multi-Displacement System (MDS).
This camshaft is designed to ensure vehicle owners achieve the most with their engines when it comes to efficiency and performance.
Here is a top product to consider if you are looking for a camshaft that guarantees maximum improvement in torque and power.
It is also worth mentioning that this component is exclusively designed for the 5.7L Dodge engine.
A notable improvement that your engine experiences by installing this design is improvement in fuel consumption.
By maintaining a steady speed while driving on the highway, the MDS closes 4 of the 8 available cylinders, thereby ensuring efficient fuel usage.
Whenever the deactivated cylinders are needed in action, the MDS system reactivates them automatically, thereby ensuring a well-balanced engine performance.
Overall, NEWZQ MDS Lifters Camshaft Kit improves your engine’s life span, improves performance and efficiency, and also ensures fuel is maximally used at all times.
- Increases engine performance and efficiency
- Guarantees durability and longevity
- All components and parts needed for installation are included in the kit
- Expensive design
05. GELUOXI MDS Lifters Camshaft Engine Gasket Kit
- 29 pounds in weight
- Includes MDS system
- 1 x 14.1 x 4.9 inches in dimension
- Made from top-quality materials
- Comes with installation components and accessories
This camshaft is designed to offer reliable and powerful performance for all users. The manufacturer aims to ensure this product stands out from its competitors through the innovative features it offers.
The Multi-Displacement System is one of the impressive features of this camshaft. This feature places it above some other designs or brands on the market.
While driving on the highway, the MDS technology shut down half of the engine’s cylinders, thereby ensuring an efficient fuel consumption rate.
The disabled cylinders kick back into action automatically when there is a need for them, especially while driving on rough terrains.
This cam model is built to last for a very long time, thereby ensuring you get a great value on your investment. Thanks to the durable and top-quality construction materials used in its construction.
GELUOXI MDS Lifters Camshaft Engine Gasket Kit comes with all the necessary components and accessories for efficiency and top performance. It is designed specifically for Chrysler Dodge ram.
- Guarantees effective fuel consumption
- Durable and long-lasting design
- Impressive performance and doesn’t make noise
- The price is quite high
06. NICEKE MDS Lifters 5.7 HEMI Camshaft Head Gasket Kit Replacement
- 27 x 14.1 x 5.1 inches in dimension
- 6 pounds in weight
- The kit comes loaded with necessary accessories and parts
- Exhaust and Intake lifers
- Construction materials are of premium quality
Like every other camshaft on our list, this impressive design from Niceke is a great pick for Dodge owners who desire uncompromised performance and maximum efficiency in engine operation.
This camshaft enhances engine torque and power upon installation, thereby guaranteeing performance that you can rely on for a very long time.
Asides from the increased power, efficiency, and performance, another impressive feature of this product is its contribution towards ensuring fuel is efficiently used while driving.
The MDS automatically turns off 4 cylinders while driving on smooth terrain, thereby running the engine on the remaining 4 cylinders.
Whenever you approach a rough terrain or climb on a hill, the 4 cylinders automatically become reactivated and ensure the engine runs on the 8 cylinders.
The top-quality materials used for construction guarantees durability and longevity, thereby ensuring you enjoy an improved performance for a very long period.
- Improves engine efficiency and performance
- Improves power and torque
- Guarantees reliability and longevity
- The installation is a bit complicated
- The price is a bit expensive
07. GLOSSY AUTO PARTS MDS Lifters Camshaft Kit Replacement
- 5 x 7 x 3.5 inches in dimension
- Premium construction materials
- 6 pounds in weight
- MDS technology
- Perfect fit for 2009-2018 Chrysler Jeep Dodge
When you install this camshaft on your vehicle, the engine is relieved of excessive loads, which gives it sufficient torque and power that can be used to perform other important functions that improve your vehicle’s overall efficiency and performance.
Compared to several other brands or designs on the market, GLOSSY AUTO PARTS MDS Lifters Camshaft stands out in several ways.
Thanks to its exceptional influence on the engine’s performance.
Although the price is a bit expensive, compared to some brands in the market, its reliable setup, features, and performance are worth the money you will invest in it.
The design is fascinating and unique. This is evident in its engineering inventiveness, and this again justifies its inclusion on our list.
Since it comes with the MDS technology, this contributes greatly towards ensuring fuel consumption is effectively utilized.
While driving on the highway, the MDS shuts down 4 cylinders and leaving the engine to run with the remaining 4 cylinders until there is a need to run the cylinders at full capacity.
- Guarantees that your vehicle perform optimally at all times
- Built with premium materials for longevity and uncompromised performance
- Installation is easy
- Ensures efficient fuel usage
- Fairly expensive
08. Comp Cams Thumpr NSR Non-VVT 5.7/6.1L HEMI
- 27 pounds in weight
- Springs not Required
- Perfect for naturally aspirated and supercharged applications
- 2 x 3 x 2.6 inches in dimension
- 1,600-6,200 RPM operating range
Here is another impressive Comp Cams design on our list. Like the models we have discussed earlier, this particular design also guarantees maximum power and enhanced torque. Thanks to its 1,600-6,200 RPM operating range.
The wide operating range guarantees an impressive driving experience and amazing performance you will always be pleased with.
If you are looking for a top-quality cam that guarantees free-flow operation for your fast-running street engine, here is a great choice you can consider.
Each component that makes up this camshaft is made from reliable and top-quality materials.
The excellent material quality influences its durability and longevity, thereby ensuring you enjoy the uncompromised performance for an extended period.
- Guarantees excellent horsepower and torque gains
- Produces the awesome Thumpr sound
- Improves drivability
- Guarantees outstanding performance in the mid to upper RPM
- The price is slightly high
- Doesn’t function properly when you don’t tune it
09. Comp Cams Thumpr NSR Cam for ’09+ Dodge 5.7/6.4L HEMI
- No springs required
- 62 pounds in weight
- Made from billet steel core for guaranteed durability
- Perfect design for naturally aspirated or supercharged applications
- 1 x 2.9 x 2.6 inches in dimension
This design has some huge impressive features that keep your vehicle’s engine in impressive shape or condition.
The NSR technology feature ensures your engine achieves a high-efficiency level by providing maximum torque and maximum mind-range power.
The kit contains all the necessary accessories that are crucial or significant towards ensuring excellent engine performance.
They are all built from premium materials for longevity and sustainability.
Compared with other designs or brands on the market, camshafts that have the HRT feature are known to provide excellent durability and strength. They also increase load-bearing.
If you are looking for a camshaft that improved drivability, provides impressive power, performance, and efficiency upgrade to your Hemi Challenger, here is a perfect choice for you.
- Delivers excellent horsepower and torque
- Improves overall engine performance and efficiency
- Suitable for both 5.7L and 6.1lL Hemi
- You need to tune it before it functions properly
- An expensive design
10. OCPTY Engine Camshaft kit
- 87 x 4.13 x 4.13 inches in dimension
- Comes with the VVT technology
- Perfect fit for 09-17 Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger
- Comes with the MDS technology
- Premium construction material and excellent build
OCPTY camshaft is one of the exceptional models you will find in the highly congested camshaft market.
Suppose your 5.7 Hemi Challenger camshaft is broken, and you need a top-quality replacement that guarantees excellent performance and reliability.
In that case, this design is a worthy choice you should consider.
The MDS technology is an integral feature of this cam. This inclusion improves fuel consumption patterns by ensuring efficient fuel usage.
The kit comes with all the necessary accessories, and each accessory is well built, using the best material.
The excellent build offers durability and strength at a pocket-friendly price.
Overall, this incredible engine component improves your vehicle’s overall performance and makes it feel brand new.
Here is an excellent investment option for you if you want to turn back the hands of time and revert your vehicle to its old glory.
- Pocket-friendly design
- Durable, strongly built, and guarantees longevity
- Improves engine efficiency and performance
- Improves fuel economy
- Not designed for all vehicle models
Buying Factors of Choosing Best Cam For 5.7 Hemi Challenger
The camshaft is an integral part of your vehicle’s engine. If you fail to invest in a top-quality design or brand, it may lead to expensive damages.
Before you start searching for the ideal camshaft for your Hemi Challenger, there are some crucial factors you need to consider.
Ask yourself how much you are willing to invest in a new camshaft.
Once you have a specific amount you are willing and able to spend on a replacement, then you can tailor your search towards brands and designs that falls within your price range.
While the expensive designs guarantee excellent purchase, there are also affordable options that give almost the same output in terms of performance, efficiency, power, and durability.
In our guide, we have discussed 10 top designs, and they are offered at different prices.
Why some are expensive, some are pocket friendly. The amazing thing is that they all turn out really well and make great upgrades. So, pick a design that meets your requirements.
while choosing a camshaft to invest in, you must consider the performance rating. This tells you all you need to know about the range of power and torque.
Irrespective of your driving pattern, check the performance rating and carefully interpret it to ensure it meets your desired goal.
The goal is to ensure you invest in a camshaft that delivers excellent power gain irrespective of the conditions.
Check for compatibility
For a moment, let’s look away from all those fascinating features your choice of camshaft may possess.
Yes, it might have ticked all the boxes of the things you need in a camshaft or fulfill your requirements. The question that should come first is, “is this design the ideal fit for my engine?”
A camshaft that is not compatible with your engine is useless. So, ensure you check your design choice and confirm it is a perfect fit for your vehicle before you invest in it.
Durability is a guarantee that the materials used in building or constructing your choice of product are of excellent quality.
While the expensive brands are known to offer an impressive level of durability due to the premium materials used during construction.
Some pocket-friendly designs also offer amazing durability to a certain extent. The whole idea is to go for a brand with an impressive track record of durability and longevity.
This is the only way you can be assured that you are investing in a product built to handle extreme conditions.
When we talk about camshaft operation and functionality duration, this simply indicates the amount of time it takes the camshaft to keep the valves opened.
The camshaft’s duration is measured by the degree or amount of crank rotation.
For instance, a camshaft designed with a duration of about 280 degrees can keep the valves open for a longer period.
When the cam duration extends for a longer time, this improves the horsepower but lowers low-end torque.
A cam that offers lower duration raises low-end torque and guarantees improved car idle.
The only issue with this type of cam is that they provide a slight valve lift with inadequate top-end power.
The Common FAQs of Cam For 5.7 Hemi Challenger
What does the camshaft do in the vehicle?
The main function of the camshaft in a vehicle is to regulate the air-fuel ratio in the engine.
In addition, this component also controls the crankshafts and as well oversees the piston movements.
How do I know that my camshaft is going bad?
You need to watch out for signs and symptoms to know if your camshaft is going bad.
One of the notable signs is when you start experiencing unusual and annoying sounds when the vehicle is not in motion.
Another symptom is reduced mileage, and the vehicle may as well stumble frequently.
If you experience any of these signs, you may need to get your camshaft checked for possible damage before it leads to an unexpected engine failure.
Although you can still drive a vehicle with a damaged or bad camshaft, it is not wise.
Why do I need to replace/upgrade my vehicle’s camshaft?
When the camshaft is not in good shape or condition, the overall performance and efficiency of your 5.7 Hemi Challenger engine become compromised.
A faulty camshaft may damage other important vehicle components such as the crankshaft, connecting rods, pistons, and even the cylinder block.
By replacing a faulty camshaft with one of the best designs on the market, your engine attains top/excellent performance.
How much does a camshaft replacement cost?
The amount you pay or invest in a camshaft replacement is dependent on a lot of factors. For instance, the quality of the build and other impressive features.
Nevertheless, you may need to spend between $300 and $2000 on a top-quality design on average. This cost is inclusive of labor.
What is the difference between the camshaft and crankshaft?
The camshaft pushes against valves using the cams or lobes to keep them open and close.
The crankshaft ensures the pistons maintain upward and downward movement.
In terms of operation, the crankshaft is faster. The camshaft is designed to only move or operate at half the crankshaft’s speed.
To simplify how this works, whenever the crankshaft rotates twice, the fuel pump and valves operate just once.
Where is the camshaft sensor located on my vehicle?
If you are looking for where to find the camshaft sensor on your vehicle, there are three major areas that you can look at.
These areas are the vehicle’s valley, cylinder head, or very close to the engine block.
How does the camshaft enhance the engine’s horsepower?
Your vehicle’s engine horsepower is enhanced by the camshaft by raising the duration of valve opening.
When the valve opening duration is increased, this ensures the vehicle accelerates faster than usual.
What is the average life span of a camshaft?
With proper maintenance, camshafts are designed to last for a very long time.
Usually, when you follow the manufacturer’s maintenance requirements, your camshaft is expected to last as long as your engine.
On average, engines are expected to complete about 150,000 miles. A camshaft is expected to also go as far as this before a replacement could be considered.
This guide has discussed the best cam for 5.7 Hemi Challenger you can trust and invest in for optimum engine performance and protection.
Remember, a damaged, old, or faulty camshaft is a huge engine disaster that is waiting to explode.
Do not wait until everything goes really bad before you make the necessary call.
A bad camshaft does no good to the engine. Instead, it causes inadequate air intake, and it lowers the exhaust power hugely. In the end, the engine’s efficiency is greatly impacted.
The only way you can prevent your engine’s performance and efficiency from being affected due to a worn-out camshaft is to consider an immediate replacement using the best brand or design.