7 ATV battery chargers are among the best due to their great performance, versatility, multipurpose, ease of use, and low prices.
Looking for a great replacement battery charger for your ATV? Well, in that case, you are in luck because, in this article, we are going to be listing down and reviewing the 7 ATV battery charges in the market that are among the best from performance to affordability. Furthermore, we are going to be providing a buying guide below for your convenience as it will help you be aware of all the important elements to consider before purchasing a suitable charger.
- Top ATV Battery Chargers
- 1. NOCO GENIUS1, 1-Amp Fully-Automatic Smart Charger
- 2. YONHAN Battery Charger 12V/8A 24V/4A
- 3. SUHU Smart Automatic Battery Charger, 12V/8A 24V/4A
- 4. Adakiit 6/12V 4A Smart Battery Charger
- 5. AmazonBasics Battery Charger 12 Volt 800mA
- 6. Battery Tender Junior 12V Charger and Maintainer
- 7. Jane Choi 6V/12V Smart Battery Charger
- Buying Guide
Top ATV Battery Chargers
1. NOCO GENIUS1, 1-Amp Fully-Automatic Smart Charger
The first battery on our list that we believe is one of the best for an ATV is the NOCO GENIUS1, 1-Amp Fully-Automatic Smart Charger. One of the reasons for that is the versatility of this charger. Along with ATV batteries, we were able to use this charger to charge a wide range of batteries like cars, motorcycles, lawnmowers, lawn tractors, trucks, SUVs, boats. Because of this, upon your purchase, you not only get a charger for an ATV but also a wide range of other vehicles.
Another thing about this charger that we found to be quite advantageous is its small and portable size. Because of this, we believe that storing it would be quite an easy feat when it is not in use. Also, despite its small size and lightweight build, this charger is pretty durable with a sturdy construction which makes it quite long-lasting.
Furthermore, this charger is a multifunction one as along with a traditional battery charger; it is also a trickle charger, battery maintainer, and a battery desulfator. Because of this, not only were we able to charge an ATV battery with it, we were also able to bring back dead batteries and maintain the charge of a dormant battery, preventing it from dying. This charger is also temperature compensated, which means that it is able to prevent overcharging in climates with higher temperatures and undercharging in climates with lower temperatures.
And, so we believe that the NOCO GENIUS1, 1-Amp Fully-Automatic Smart Charger is one of the best chargers for ATVs because we found it to be quite well-performing and durable. Furthermore, it is multifunction, temperature compensated, and small and lightweight, due to which storing it is quite easy. And so, all of this is why we have placed this charger on our list for the 7 best ATV battery chargers.
2. YONHAN Battery Charger 12V/8A 24V/4A
Another great charger on our list is the YONHAN Battery Charger 12V/8A 24V/4A. First of all, we found this charger to be quite easy to use as it has an LCD display that lets you know the power of the battery, the voltage, temperature, and so on. Also, another one of the reasons why we love this charger is its versatility. This is because not only were we able to use this charger to charge up an ATV battery but batteries of various other vehicles, including marine and agricultural vehicles too.
A great feature of this battery is that it is temperature compensated. This means that it increases or decreases the voltage being supplied to the battery based on the temperature of its surroundings. For example, if the temperature rises above 28°C, this charger will automatically switch to summer mode and decrease the voltage being supplied to the battery to make sure that the battery does not overcharge.
And when the temperature drops below 10°C, then the charger will switch to winter mode and increase the voltage being supplied to make sure that the battery is able to charge up properly. Furthermore, this charger also has a repair mode through which you can repair batteries that have been sitting idle for a long time by removing, desulfating them, and increasing their service life.
The YONHAN Battery Charger 12V/8A 24V/4A has amazing features that we love, like the fact that it is temperature compensated, features a repair mode, and is fast charging. Furthermore, it is also quite versatile, as you can use it to charge the batteries of a number of other vehicles. And so, all of this is why we have placed this charger on our list for the 7 best ATV battery chargers.
3. SUHU Smart Automatic Battery Charger, 12V/8A 24V/4A
The next charger on our list that is sure to impress you with its great performance is the SUHU Smart Automatic Battery Charger, 12V/8A 24V/4A. One of the best features of this charger is its automatic battery detection. This means that no matter if you have a 12V battery or a 24V battery, the charger will detect it and charge it with the appropriate current. Because of this, you don’t have to fumble around with the settings, and so the whole charging process is much easier.
This charger is also quite versatile and able to charge almost all different types of batteries, like AGM, Gel, Flooded, and so on. Along with these different types of batteries, this charger is also able to charge the batteries of a number of vehicles other than an ATV. We also found this charger to be quite easy to use as all the different modes are clearly labeled, and a helpful LCD screen displaying everything.
Another thing that we love about this charger is that it is a repair mode, through which we were able to restore and maintain the charge capacity of many idle batteries. Along with this, the restore mode is also able to prolong battery life quite a lot. This charger is also quite durable, and its small and compact size makes it easy for you to carry it around in your car trunk or a backpack for emergencies.
And so, the SUHU Smart Automatic Battery Charger, 12V/8A 24V/4A, makes to our list for the 7 best ATV battery chargers due to its versatility, automatic battery detection, and repair mode. Furthermore, it is quite easy to use with a simple and intuitive interface. Also, this charger is quite durable and has a sturdy construction, due to which it is sure to last you for quite a long time.
4. Adakiit 6/12V 4A Smart Battery Charger
The Adakiit 6/12V 4A Smart Battery Charger is another charger that we know you will love due to its great performance. Firstly, this charger is one of the safer options in the market as it features various safeguards that prevent a short circuit, a reverse in polarity, battery overcharging, overheating, and so on. Because of all this, you can charge your battery comfortably and without any sort of fear of it malfunctioning.
Another feature of this charge that we think is quite impressive is its 8-stage smart charging process. Because of this, the charger automatically goes through eight different stages of charging in order to charge your battery effectively and efficiently. These stages include the initial diagnosis stage, the desulfation stage, which helps repair the battery; the soft start stage, bulk charge stage, absorption stage, test mode stage, recondition stage, and lastly, the float stage.
It also has a Winter mode which makes sure that you are able to charge the battery properly in cold temperatures. We also love the versatility of this charger as we were able to charge various types of batteries as well as batteries of a variety of vehicles other than that of an ATV. This charger also has a helpful LCD display and a simple and intuitive interface, because of which we found it quite easy to use.
And so we believe that the Adakiit 6/12V 4A Smart Battery Charger is one of the best chargers for an ATV due to its 8-stage smart charging, easy to use interface, and versatility. Plus, this charger is also quite safe to use and is accompanied by great warranties. And so all of this is why we have placed this charger on our list for the 7 best ATV battery chargers.
5. AmazonBasics Battery Charger 12 Volt 800mA
If you are looking for a well-performing ATV battery charger at a low price, then the AmazonBasics Battery Charger 12 Volt 800mA is the one for you. Despite costing way less than many other chargers in the market, when it comes to functionality, this charger certainly does not disappoint. Along with efficiently charging up a battery, this charger also has an automatic desulfation option which helps repair your battery and prolong its service life.
Along with its amazing performance, we also love the versatility of this battery as it allowed us to charge different types of batteries and batteries of various vehicles other than ATVs. Furthermore, we found that its minimalist design, when it comes to its interface, that features a single color-changing LED, makes it fairly easy to use and therefore quite beginner-friendly.
We also love the small and portable size of this charger as it makes it quite easy to store to travel with. This charger also has a sturdy build as it is made up of strong and high-quality plastic, which makes it long-lasting as it can take quite a lot of abuse before actually breaking. And along with this, it is also backed up with a 1-year limited Warranty because of which you can be comfortable in your purchase.
The AmazonBasics Battery Charger 12 Volt 800mA makes our list for the 7 best ATV battery chargers due to its versatility, great performance, and portable build. Furthermore, this charger is quite durable due to having sturdy plastic construction. It also comes with a great 1-year limited warranty. And despite all of these amazing qualities, this charger costs way less than many others in the market.
6. Battery Tender Junior 12V Charger and Maintainer
A battery charger that, in our opinion, guarantees one of the best performances is the Battery Tender Junior 12V Charger and Maintainer. One of the reasons for this is its 4-step charging for maximum efficiency, as it ensures that the battery is getting a perfect amount of power throughout the whole process. Also, as the last stage of this 4-step charging cycle is the float mode, you don’t have to worry about overcharging the battery.
Another quality of this charger that we love is that it is quite easy to use. This is because you don’t have to adjust any sort of setting in order to optimize its performance, as all you need to do is hook it up to the battery, plug it into an outlet, and let it do its magic. We also found this charger to be among the safer options out there as it is spark-proof and is able to prevent reverse polarity.
We love that this charger has a wide compatibility range as it allowed us to charge a large variety of different types of batteries. It also has a small and portable design because of which you can put it in your backpack and take it with you when riding your ATV, if necessary. And with its durable build, you can travel with it comfortably without worrying about damaging it in any way.
And so, when it comes to great performing chargers for ATV batteries, the Battery Tender Junior 12V Charger and Maintainer is among the best options out there. This is because it is easy to use, is safe, has a wide compatibility range, has a sturdy build, and has an efficient 4 step charging process. And because of all this, we have placed this charger on our list for the 7 best ATV battery chargers.
7. Jane Choi 6V/12V Smart Battery Charger
The last ATV battery charger on our list is the Jane Choi 6V/12V Smart Battery Charger. One of the reasons why we love this charger is because of its 10-stage smart charging process. Because of this, your battery is able to charge efficiently and without any problems. Furthermore, once your battery is fully charged, the charger automatically stops charging. Because of this, you don’t have to worry about keeping an eye on your charger to prevent it from overcharging.
Another thing that we love about this charger is that it is multipurpose; this means that along with being a traditional charger that charges up a battery, it is also a trickle charger as well as a desulfator. Because of this, it can help you maintain and repair any of your batteries that have been sitting idle for a long time. With its trickle charger feature, you can leave it plugged into your battery for when it is not in use, and with the desulfation option, you can repair the batteries that have been prey to sulfation and restore them to their former glory.
Furthermore, this charger is also quite versatile as it not only allowed us to charge different types of batteries, but through it, we were also able to charge the batteries of various other types of vehicles. We also found this charger to be quite safe as during its use, it doesn’t overheat, short circuit, overcharge, and it protects against reverse polarity.
And so, the Jane Choi 6V/12V Smart Battery Charger makes our list for the 7 best ATV battery chargers due to its 10-stage smart charging, ease of use, and wide compatibility. Furthermore, it is also multipurpose, and along with the simple charging option, it also features trickle charging and battery desulfation options which makes it quite versatile.
Even though there are a lot of different types of ATV battery chargers in the market, it can be quite difficult to get one if you don’t know the qualities and the features that make a charger well-performing. This is why we have provided you with a buying guide below that lets you know all the qualities that you need to look out for when buying one for your ATV battery.
Compatibility and Versatility
First of all, the charger that you are getting for your ATV battery needs to be compatible with various types of batteries like Lead-acid batteries, AGM batteries, and so on. This is because all ATVs do not have the same type of battery and so it is important that the charger you are getting is able to charge the one your ATV has. This feature can also be quite useful if you have multiple ATVs that have different battery types, as then you don’t have to buy separate chargers for each.
It is also preferred that you get a charger that can not only charge the battery of an ATV but also that of a number of other vehicles as well. This is because not only can you use one charger to charge the batteries of all your vehicles when needed, but in case of an emergency, having a charger that is compatible with all of your vehicles can prove to be quite convenient.
Durability is another important factor to take into consideration while buying a charger for an ATV battery. This is because sometimes these chargers need to be used continuously for a long period of time, like in the case of trickle charging. And so, it is important that the charger is strong enough to withstand such frequent use. Also, many people prefer to keep these chargers in the trunks of their vehicles for emergencies, and so these chargers should have a durable build that is able to survive bouncing around in a car trunk.
Another quality that you need to look for in an ATV battery charger is safety. While there might be many well-performing chargers out there, many of them are prone to producing sparks, overheating, and so on. Some chargers can also have a reverse current issue that can result in the charger actually pulling the current from the battery and draining it if there is a student loss of power during the charging process.
And so all of this is why it is important to get a charger that is guaranteed by the sellers to be spark-proof, able to counter any sort of reverse polarity that might occur during charging, not prone to shortcircuit, overheating, and so on. And so this will not only make sure that your battery does get damaged but also make sure that you don’t get injured in any way.
When looking for a suitable ATV battery charger, we recommend that you get one that has a trickle or float charging feature. This option can be quite useful in maintaining the performance of your battery. This is because if you don’t use your ATV frequently and its battery sits idle for too long, then its service life can decrease by quite a lot. This happens because when idle, a battery keeps on losing charge, and if it loses a lot of charge without getting recharged then, sulfation can occur, which can reduce its performance as well as battery life.
And so, by using a trickle charger or a charger with a trickle charging option, you can keep the battery charged up at all times and prevent the sulfation process. The way this works is that the battery is hooked up to the charger for as long as it is idle, and it slowly replenishes all the charge that is lost. With the help of this, the battery maintains its full charge, and therefore sulfation is not able to take place.
How often should you charge your ATV battery?
This time interval after which you need to charge your ATV battery depends on the type of battery it has. This is because some batteries, in the case of most lead-acid batteries, need to be fully charged at all times, and so it is recommended to get a trickle charger for their maintenance. But when it comes to other batteries that can usually go some time without a charge, we recommend that you do not leave them unchanged for more than a month and therefore charge them at least every 30 days.
What is the best ATV battery charger to buy?
There are a lot of well-performing chargers for an ATV battery available in the market. And in our opinion, the one that is among the best is the NOCO GENIUS1, 1-Amp Fully-Automatic Smart Charger. This is because it is versatile and is compatible with a variety of ATV batteries as well as batteries of other vehicles, is multifunction, small and portable, temperature compensated, and durable.
The market is full of all sorts of chargers for ATV batteries. But while such a variety can be a good thing as it provides you with a lot of different choices, it can also be kind of frustrating as we don’t know which one would give us a great performance and which one will be a complete waste of money. And so, to help you out, through extensive research, we have narrowed the large selection down to the 7 best ones that we know will be perfect for you. And from these 7 our top 3 choices are:
NOCO GENIUS1, 1-Amp Fully-Automatic Smart Charger. Because of its versatility, multifunction, portability, temperature compensation, and durability.
YONHAN Battery Charger 12V/8A 24V/4A. Due to its repair mode, versatility, fast charging, temperature compensation, and ease of use
Battery Tender Junior 12V Charger and Maintainer. For its ease of use, safety, 4 step charging, wide compatibility, durable, and portable.
And so, when it comes to well-performing ATV batteries that are versatile, easy to use, durable, and portable, these three are among the best options in the market.
Check out these ATV battery chargers also:
- Meet the GENIUS2 - Similar to our G1100, just better. It's 30% smaller and delivers 140% more power. It's the all-in-one solution - battery charger,...
- Do more with Genius - Designed for 6-volt and 12-volt lead-acid automotive, marine, and deep-cycle batteries, including flooded, gel, AGM, and...
- Enjoy precision charging - An integrated thermal sensor detects the ambient temperature and alters the charge to eliminate over-charging in hot...
- Charge dead batteries - Charges batteries as low as 1-volt. Or use the all-new force mode that allows you to take control and manually begin charging...
- Restore your battery - Automatically detects battery sulfation and acid stratification to restore lost battery performance for stronger engine starts...
- X for Extreme - An all-new design with extreme jump starting power for powerful engines starts. Rated at 1250-amps, this portable lithium car battery...
- Turbo Chargeable - Boost X is equipped with USB-C technology that, combined with power delivery, gives you lightning-fast recharges. Completely...
- Charge Everything - With USB-C Power Delivery, you have the power to charge almost everything. Its internal power bank provides 60-watts of power -...
- UltraSafe 2.0 - We took our UltraSafe technology and made it better. It's still our simple, mistake-free design featuring spark-proof technology and...
- Maximum Versatility - Boost X is one of the most versatile lithium jump starters ever. Jump start all vehicle types, including cars, motorcycles,...
- 【Wide Application】This 12V battery charger is designed for all types 12V that within 6-150Ah(12V), including AGM, GEL, SLA, Flooded (WET), or any...
- 【Multiple protection】Built in circuit protection guards and built in fan.This battery charger offers multi protection against Reverse Polarity,...
- 【7-Stage Charging Protection】 This car charger is the latest model newly developed in 2021 and provides 7-level charging to bring more...
- 【LCD Screen Design】The battery charger using a backlit LCD display. Smart LCD display shows the charging status and battery status to make you...
- 【Note】 It can not activate a dead battery or repair a battery which is damaged seriously; it also can not repair a battery back to 100% new.Only...
- 【INTELLIGENT & SAFE CHARGING】 Fully automatic battery charger, 8-stages automatic charging process, monitor the whole charging progress, stop...
- 【WIDE APPLICATION FAST CHARGING】 Designed for 6v/12v lead-acid automotive, marine, and deep-cycle batteries within 4-120Ah, including flooded,...
- 【LCD SCREEN & EASY TO USE】 the battery charger clearly and visibly shows LCD screen displays charging and battery status, charging mode, battery...
- 【MULTI SAFETY PROTECTIONS】 Avoid overcharge and discharge, extend battery life, adopt ABS flame-retardant shell, fireproof, electric shock, Built...
- 【Robust Quality and Service】 SUHU 6/12V 4A automotive battery charger/maintainer in order to save batteries and have them be ready when you use...
- Easy connection to motorcycles and vehicle battery using the included big battery clips and O-ring terminals. DC cord total length of 12ft.
- Multi-Safety Protections: Spark proof during lead connection, reverse polarity protection, overcharging protection and short-circuit protection, with...
- Perfect for charging and maintaining all 12V lead-acid batteries, including flooded, GEL, AGM, VRLA, Deep-cycle and maintenance-free batteries.
- Complete 4-step charging program (Initialization, Bulk Charge, Absorption Mode, Float Mode) allows for optimization of battery power, without...
- Small size suitable for most vehicles: adapts to all kinds of 12V battery for cars, motorcycles, lawn mowers, ATVs, lawn tractors, trucks, SUVs,...
- 5 amp battery charger maintains and charges all type of AGM, GEL, SLA, Flooded(WET), Calcium type deep cycle automotive or marine 4Ah-100Ah 12V...
- Fully automatic high frequency charging delivers 3 stage charging, automatically switching from fast charge, to top-off, then to trickle charge.
- Built in circuit protection guards against against reverse polarity, sparks, overcharging, over-current, open-circuits, short-circuits and...
- LCD screen displays charging status and battery status; charge voltage, charge current, inside temperature, battery full，summer mode, winter mode,...
- Pulse repair function can help to repair your loss battery and extend battery life. Note: It can not activate a dead battery or repair a battery which...
- √ Battery and Vehicle Type - Charge fully drained 6V&12V pb/sla/gel/agm/lead-acid batteries, it's automatic battery trickle chargers for...
- √ Safety Guarantee - Multi protection against Reverse Polarity, Short Circuit, Over Voltage/Current, Over Charge/Discharge, Overload, Overheat;...
- √ 5-Stage Automatic Charging - Featured detachable ring or alligator connectors with 10A fuse, charge and maintain your battery wherever you go;...
- √ Intuitive LED Indicator - LST 6/12 volt automotive battery maintainer charger provide visual state-of-charge feedback and diagnostic information,...
- √ 100% Satisfactory Float Charger - Updated with defective battery recognition function and 72-hour safety features, just get portable 6v 12v...