Buying car speakers for bass with a subwoofer is preferred, but it is not uncommon to go without a subwoofer. Some users might find it difficult to decide on specific car speakers due to the lack of information.
Reading reviews will definitely increase the chances of getting car speakers with a desirable bass level. That said, high-quality car speakers with intensive bass will deliver an amazing sound while driving.
- Top Picks of This Year
- 1. Rockford Fosgate P1650 – Premium Pick
- 2. KICKER CSC65 CS – Ultimate Power Output
- 3. JVC CS-J620 – Budget Pick
- 4. Kicker 43DSC69304 D-Series
- 5. Three-Way Sound Speaker System PL63BL
- 6. Pioneer TS-A6970F A Series
- 7. BOSS Audio Systems CH6530
- 8. KAPPA-86CFX Two-Way
- 9. JBL GTO609C Two-Way
- Buyer’s Guide
Top Picks of This Year
1. Rockford Fosgate P1650 – Premium Pick
The Fosgate P1650 is among the best car speakers on the market since it delivers an amazing bass for every car.
FlexFit2 basket design of these car speakers allows for a slight adjustment of the speaker when aligning with OEM mounting holes, ensuring a better fit.
The molded polypropylene cone is fixed and lightweight to minimize any cone flex during use. That said, it improves the overall sound quality while reducing potential distortion.
With a cleaner look and easier installation, these P1650s are perfect for every user looking to upgrade their vehicle’s audio system.
These speakers are quite expensive, but it is reasonable considering the performance and sound quality. Overall, a premium experience is guaranteed for every user.
|Wattage||55 W/110 W peak|
|Dimensions||4 x 6 x 5 inches|
2. KICKER CSC65 CS – Ultimate Power Output
Looking for powerful car speakers? Well, look no further, as the CS Series speakers are built to deliver detailed and clear sound at the highest volume.
Components are designed for clarity and accuracy with heavy-duty motor structures that deliver remarkable bass response and smooth midrange. Also, neodymium magnets and titanium domes are used to provide outstanding sound quality.
These speakers will fit in every modern car and there are three choices available for mounting for tweeters.
The stamped steel framework provides overall support for speakers as it is required for stability and protection.
There is no need to worry about low-frequency noise even at the highest volume. There is also a poly-switch protector built-in for advanced volume control.
|Dimensions||6.5 x 6.5 x 1.0 inches|
3. JVC CS-J620 – Budget Pick
Those looking for a budget car speaker should consider buying CS-J620 since it has the great build quality and powerful bass.
These car speakers utilize Poly-Ether material to produce frequencies of up to 22000 Hz, making them perfect for audiophiles and casual users. Additionally, there is also a Hybrid, Rubber and Cloth surround with a Mica Cone that allows for accurate mid-range and low-end reproduction.
There’s no need to worry about hitting obstacles like window tracks or glass within the door panel with the shallow frame design.
CS-J620 includes a pre-arranged hole pattern that makes installation a breeze with additional screws and mounting tabs for a quick and easy setup.
With the professional tone of voice and easy setup, this product is perfect for every car.
|Dimensions||13.4 x 7.6 x 3.6 inches|
4. Kicker 43DSC69304 D-Series
The D-Series fits perfectly for every vehicle since it features 8 different sizes to choose from and it provides a realistic sound experience.
This product is perfect for factory head units or high-power KICKER DX amplifiers. That said, it is designed with a high-sensitivity DS motor.
The zero protrusion PEI dome tweeters play clean, crisp music without getting in the way of factory grilles and window motors. At the same time, the midrange woofers and acoustic foam surrounds provide optimal performance.
Aside from the optimized performance and improved design, these speakers boost the bass with 360 W power output.
This is not the most affordable car sound system. Still, it is among the best options to get a premium experience.
|Dimensions||2.76 x 2.76 x 7.48 inches|
5. Three-Way Sound Speaker System PL63BL
These car speakers are affordable, durable, and have enough performance to match most car speakers on the market.
PL63BL audio speakers deliver high-quality sound for every car. The 6.5-inch woofer features an eye-catching blue poly injection cone for plenty of stiffness without additional weight.
Amazing durability is achieved with a 1-inch ASV voice coil that is ready for high-temperature, high-wattage situations. This set includes a 2-way crossover network that separates the frequencies for enhanced and accurate sound reproduction.
The maximum power output is 360 W which is more than enough for every user.
With low distortion and an open sound stage, these speakers provide an exceptional listening experience. Also, a butyl rubber surround ensures that speakers will stay in place even in the most extreme conditions.
|Dimensions||14.7 x 3.1 x 7.3 inches|
6. Pioneer TS-A6970F A Series
The Pioneer A-Series is the best option for the highest power output since 5-way speakers are available for exceptional performance.
With its OPEN & SMOOTH sound concept, the transition between the midrange and tweeter drivers is very smooth. Additionally, this sound system delivers a uniform off-axis frequency response, which is perfect for every automotive application.
For the best user experience, there is an option to download the latest CarSoundFit application from Pioneer. That said, the only thing required is the smartphone, which is the most suitable option for connection and control.
These car speakers improve acoustic performance and flexibility with 6″ x 9″ multi-fit installation adapters.
Without any doubt, the Pioneer A-Series is among the best mid-range options for performance and quality.
|Wattage||600 W peak|
|Dimensions||9 x 7 x 3 inches|
7. BOSS Audio Systems CH6530
Another great budget car sound system for casual users is the BOSS CH6530, known for its stylish and durable design.
These speakers are built to withstand high temperatures and impact. Also, with the lightweight design, they won’t wear down a car’s battery.
BOSS CH6540 also features a stamped basket with a strong and rigid platform allowing the listener to hear clean and clear music output.
The Piezoelectric tweeter is more resistant to overloads. It can be used without a crossover due to its’ electrical property.
Even though this product has no downsides, it is not the best choice for top performance, but it performs decently considering the price.
|Wattage||600 W peak|
|Dimensions||6.6 x 6.6 x 2.4 inches|
8. KAPPA-86CFX Two-Way
The 86CFX is among the best Two-Way car speakers on the market and it can be upgraded to a Three-Way system.
Infinity’s glass fiber woofer cones provide increased low-frequency output and higher efficiency, making these speakers perfect for professional users.
The tweeter is angled and can also be rotated 270° after installation on most models, which is great for complete control over the sound. That said, the push-button tweeter level control is also used to custom tune high frequencies in coaxial models.
These speakers have low impedance voice coils, enabling them to extract every watt from the amplifier and easily deliver peak power. They also have high sensitivity, providing high output without overdriving the system.
Overall, the 86CFX stands out for build quality, performance and it is easy to use.
|Wattage||300 W peak|
|Dimensions||14.21 x 9.84 x 3.62 inches|
9. JBL GTO609C Two-Way
Those who prefer to use a JBL car sound system should consider buying the GTO609C since it delivers an amazing sound quality for every vehicle.
The best feature might be the vented magnet assemblies on the woofer/midrange driver, which is used to help cool the voice coil. Keeping the voice coil cool adds to increased reliability from greater power handling.
Without power compression, there is no need to worry about distortion. The black-metal mesh grilles are also included for advanced protection and stable sound performance.
The tweeters are combined with a patented I-Mount mounting system for easy flush or surface mounting.
Additionally, the 3-ohm voice coils compensate for thin factory-installed speaker wiring to provide more output than standard speakers.
|Wattage||270 W peak|
|Dimensions||6.3 x 6.3 x 6.3 inches|
Choosing a proper type of speaker mostly depends on the budget and personal preference. Two available options are component and full-range speakers. Inexperienced users should try full-range speakers since they are very easy to install and include a crossover.
That said, components speakers are more difficult to install and more expensive. The best thing about components speakers is unparallel sound quality. Those who prefer to get the best user experience should definitely go for these speakers. Still, most casual users will do just fine with standard full-range car speakers.
When it comes to the impedance, it is quite simple, lower is better. Going for speakers with lower impedance will increase the amount of maximum power output. Considering that the standard amount is 4 oHms, it is not recommended to go above that value. Even though 4 oHms impedance will deliver a good sound performance, it is possible to get speakers with lower impedance.
The build quality is definitely among the most important factors to consider before buying car speakers. In other words, the construction of every individual component will have a huge impact on the sound quality. The textile and silk tweeters provide clearer sound.
Still, there is also an option to choose harder materials for higher performance. The best thing is to get a rigid construction of cone with a polypropylene woofer for the best bass. Whether the user prefers to get a higher bass response or better accurate sound, the build quality should be considered in every case.
It is absolutely necessary to get the proper speakers for a specific vehicle. There are different sizes available with advanced technologies for easier installation. Some users prefer to upgrade the whole car stereo system. It is quite expensive, but usually the best decision. Those looking to upgrade the front door speakers should get speakers of identical sizes.
Which is the best car speaker without a subwoofer?
Finding the best car speakers might be difficult for some users since there are many factors to consider before buying. Rockford Fosgate P1650 is a great option for those who need a reliable and durable product with premium performance.
Is it possible to damage car speakers with bass?
The short answer is yes. That said, the damage mostly occurs when the bass is at a high sound pressure level and at a high level of volume. Even though most high-quality speakers will do fine when used more intensively, the best option is to avoid maximum volume with increased sound pressure.
Is 300 W good for car speakers?
Most users will find that 300 W is more than enough for every car. Going lower is not bad, but 300 W is recommended when upgrading the entire car stereo system. Still, some users might prefer more power output which is great since the speakers will last longer if there is no need to use maximum power output.
Which is the best impedance for car speakers?
Even though lower impedance is better, going for speakers with 4 oHms impedance is good enough for most users. On the other hand, more experienced users with higher demands will get the best listening experience with 3 oHms or lower.
Without any question, installing the latest car speakers will improve the sound quality of every vehicle. Since the speakers are constantly improved, the best thing is to keep updated with occasional online research.
The information provided within this article should help every user to decide on specific car speakers. Considering the budget and most important factors will be the first step to finding the best car speakers to meet users’ requirements.
Here are some other interesting models that you might like:
- AUTO SPEAKER SYSTEMS: Pyle GEARX series woofer is the latest series which have been designed and engineered for consistent and high performance. The...
- LOW IMPEDANCE: The 4 ohm component audio speaker compensates the undersized wire found in many of today’s cars. It also make the most of every 300...
- MID BASS WOOFER: Pyle pro mid bass woofer sound speaker system has 30 oz. magnet structure and 60 Hz – 20 kHz frequency response that complete the...
- POWERFUL FEATURES: The specially treated rubber surround keeps your speakers secure and extending the life of the product. A 1” high-temperature...
- WORRY-FREE SHOPPING: With the Pyle PLG64, we are confident of the quality of our product, therefore, we offer a 30 day money back guarantee no...
- Amplifier Power Output: 120 Watts RMS
- 8" High performance subwoofer in a carpeted, vented enclosure
- High Level and RCA inputs for easy connection in any system set up
- External Bass Control is included for convenient control of volume from front of vehicle
- All-in-One Complete SDR Series Loaded Subwoofer Complete Bass Package
- Peak Power: 1,200 Watts, RMS Power: 600 Watts
- Includes x1 Skar Audio SDR-1X12D2 Single 12" Loaded 1,200 Watt Vented Subwoofer Enclosure
- Includes x1 Skar Audio RP-800.1D Class D 800 Watt Monoblock Amplifier
- Includes x1 Skar Audio SKAR4ANL-CCA 4 Gauge Complete Amplifier Wiring Kit
- SDR Series Single 10-Inch D2 ohm Loaded Subwoofer Enclosure
- Peak Power: 1,200 Watts | RMS Power: 600 Watts
- Pre-wired Internally for a 1 Ohm Final Impedance Load at the Terminals for an Easy Installation
- Premium Vented Enclosure Made of 5/8" MDF and Finished in Black Carpeting
- Double Front Baffle (1.25") with Countersunk Subwoofer Design for Flush and Attractive Appearance
- The Punch P1683 is an impressive 3-way full-range speaker designed for fanatics who need a high quality factory replacement in an easy to install...
- The P1683 6”x8” 4-Ohm black speakers come as a pair, have a power handling of 65 Watts RMS/130 Watts Max and include mounting hardware and OEM...
- Featuring a PEI dome tweeter with built-in crossover and injection molded mineral filled polypropylene cone with butyl rubber surround that provides...
- FlexFit basket design utilizes slots instead of single screw sized holes that allow for a slight adjustment of the speaker when aligning with OEM...
- Famous Rockford Fosgate build quality with a full 1-year warranty when purchased from an authorized Rockford Fosgate reseller
- 🎶 HIGHER QUALITY CRYSTAL CLEAR STEREO SOUND - The OontZ Angle 3 is Designed and Engineered by Cambridge Sound Works in the USA, using the highest...
- 🔊 LOUDER VOLUME WITH ZERO DISTORTION – Surprisingly loud with no distortion, even at maximum volume. POWERFUL 10 WATTS OF OUTPUT VOLTAGE
- 💙 Suitable for INDOOR AND OUTDOOR USE - Incredible BLUETOOTH (5.0) RANGE OF 100 FEET meaning CONSTANT UNINTERRUPTED MUSIC
- 🚿 IPX5 WATER RESISTANT – Splashproof making it the IDEAL SHOWER SPREAKER or for TRIPS TO THE BEACH or POOL
- 🔋 Powerful battery with play time of UP TO 14 HOURS
- Like no other: This elegant sound bar for TV, movies, music, and games delivers spacious sound, exceptional clarity, and rich bass, while finished in...
- Acoustic performance: 5 full-range drivers deliver wide, clear sound, which makes it the perfect soundbar for TV, movies, games, and more.
- Built-in Alexa: Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant are built into this smart soundbar for hands-free voice control. And a noise-rejecting mic system...
- TV voice control: Exclusive Bose Voice for Video technology expands your Alexa capabilities, allowing you to control this smart soundbar, your TV, and...
- Connectivity: Pair your device to this wireless soundbar to stream your favorite music and more via a Bluetooth connection, your home Wi-Fi network,...