If you are here then, chances are, you seek the best cold air intake for Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. Great news – we scoured the internet to find the highest functioning options so that your truck runs with ease.
From improved engine sound to jacked-up horsepower, these tools provide the groundwork for a healthy truck.
Air filters are absolutely critical parts of an engine system – and it’s no surprise why. They purify the air your truck breathes so that it can run at its best.
The Top Lists of The Best Cold Air Intake For Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
|K&N Cold Air Intake Kit|
|aFe Power Momentum|
|K&N Cold Air Intake|
|S&B Filters 75-5106|
|K&N Cold Air Kit|
|AF Dynamic Black|
|AJP High Flow Induction|
|K&N Air Intake Kit|
|Perfit-formance Cold Air Intake|
|aFe Power Magnum|
Just like people can’t run when they can’t breathe, your truck cannot operate properly if it is choking on dust. Treat your vehicle right by finding the ideal cold air intake system.
You may check out other reviews related to the Dodge RAM truck
- The premium shocks for 2500,3500 RAM gas or diesel trucks
- The review of the top lists shock absorber of RAM 1500 pickup truck
What Is The Best Cold Air Intake For Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi?
Definitely, K&N is the best cold air intake for Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi engine. Not for only Dodge Ram K&N is popular for all kinds of vehicle cold air int
The best system depends, ultimately, on your needs as a vehicle operator. What kind of filter do you prefer? How long does it need to last? Are you picky about your truck’s lubricant?
Does horsepower matter a great deal to you? That said, there is one type that meets most (if not all) demands with ease and provides a smooth ride for all models (usually post 2009).
This is the K&N brand – just take a look at the reviews above to see why.
See the top rated ball joints of RAM trucks on the market.
Why is The K&N Brand Best For Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi?
There are tons of draws to the K&N brand, but perhaps the biggest among them is the lack of drawbacks.
These tools work for a long time, significantly increase throttle, acceleration, and horsepower, and are easy to install.
Since they are reasonably priced and work next to all models, there is little risk to choosing this type/manufacturer of intake systems.
Read more on our other reviews about the best products for Dodge RAM
- 12v fuel injectors of RAM truck buyer’s guide
- The accurate performance tuner for Dodge RAM 5.7 Hemi engine
Where Do I Get a New Cold Air Intake For Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi?
In modern-day, when it comes to shopping, you are not wanting for choices. Naturally, you can go to a store or a dealership.
With a store, you are subject to significant mark-up (floor space, overheads, employee salaries, etc.).
When it comes to a dealership, you often find that they ‘know what’s best’ and there is little wiggle room for choice. That is why most people choose online shopping from a major, trusted retailer.
Alternatively, you can check on our buying guide to find the best one which suits your vehicle.
10 Best Cold Air Intake For Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi Engine Reviews
01. K&N Cold Air Intake Kit – Best Quality Cold Air Intake For Dodge Ram 1500
When you are getting an intake system, one of the top things you look for is a long shelf-life. What good is a tool if you must replace it every other year?
There is more than enough to think about when it comes to vehicle maintenance, so it is good to know that this tool stands the test of time splendidly.
It does this despite having super-intense horsepower. Basically, even though it allows up to 50% increased airflow than factory models, it doesn’t wear down quickly.
Another great component is how well this product allows your vehicle to go uphill.
One thing about towing is that you almost never plan it – so rest easy knowing that with this you can troop up inclines easily.
It’s so powerful, you can hear the roar under the hood as you hum down the road, all while protecting your vehicle from harmful materials (debris, contamination, etc.).
- Easy to maintain (even for beginners)
- Simple installation with a bolt-on setup
- High powered and long-lasting model
- Great for towing things up inclines
- You can hear the power in your engine
- Increases your horsepower automatically
- Not a one-size-fits-all
- Works best on newer vehicles
02. aFe Power Momentum GT 54-72102
If you seek something that is relatively simple yet performs well, this is an appealing option.
Boasting a significant output, it increases your overall horsepower by as many as 14 units – assuming the whole system is operating to par.
Basically, if your vehicle is in good condition, you can expect the truck to operate significantly better than before you updated it to this intake.
Since, if gunk and crumbs get into your system, the shelf-life of all components of your vehicle gets damaged, this is a great way to protect your valuable truck.
It has a relatively unique tube, known as a roto-mold, meaning that it is sturdy and easy to install. A great feature is the multi-layered filtration system.
All components are thoroughly lubricated. With 5 different levels, each made out of a high-quality gauze (cotton, of course), the air flows freely– while still having particulate removed from the system.
Overall, this keeps your truck running smoothly with the benefit of high-performing simplicity.
- Increases intake as much as 23%
- Adds horsepower in the range of 14
- 5 layers of filtration media
- Long-lasting model
- Thorough filtering system
- Simple to install
- Relatively limited air intake increase
- Auxiliary air draw subject to impact damage
03. K&N Cold Air Intake Kit- Best Overall Cold Air Intake For 5.7 Hemi
More often than not, simple is better. Essentially, if you want a straightforward fix without any fuss or muss, this is the best option you can get.
Overall, the installation takes only a few minutes (once you are set up properly). Once you place the system, your truck will start to hum happily once again.
A great feature of driving trucks is that you can hear (and feel) the power roaring beneath you. That said, when there is a compromised air intake, this healthy roar becomes a disconcerting wheezing noise.
When you hear this, you know it’s time to swap out your filter, and when you just need to get back on the road quickly, this is your big-ticket item (simple and quick).
As an air filter, it operates smoothly, working to improve the ‘respiration’ of your vehicle. This allows for a lot of fringe benefits thanks to improved flow of air.
One of these great things is powerful towing (or just driving uphill). So, the next time you are trucking upwards, take a listen to your system and see if it is begging for this upgrade.
- Increases horsepower 50%
- Improves the power of the vehicle
- Simple installation process
- Relatively low cost
- High-quality system
- Fixes acceleration problems
- Bolted system subject to breakage
- Limited filtration layers
04. S&B Filters 75-5106
Now, if you are the kind of person who gets a new vehicle every couple of years, this may not be the best system for you.
That said if you are the type to hold on to the vehicle you love; to keep the classics humming smoothly, then this is your ideal option.
It works on many older models with classic internal designs. This means that, if your auto is more than a few years old, you have one fewer part to worry about sourcing.
Made with modern technology, the system uses robots to accurately place oil onto the filter, making sure it is thoroughly lubricated. This way, when you get the system, it is all set for you to install it.
One of the tackiest parts of install (potentially) is having to apply your own lubrication – it can be messy and is definitely inconvenient. Avoid this pitfall by sourcing a part that comes ready-to-go.
- Efficient upwards of 99%
- Works to ISO 5011 Standards
- Successfully avoids engine warning lights
- Made of silicon for sturdiness
- Drastically improves airflow
- Meets all international standards
- Easy to replace filters
- Works best on older models
- Waiting for CARB credentials
05. K&N Cold Air Kit
One of the best parts of this air intake kit is that it works on a super wide variety of vehicle models.
If you are driving a Dodge/RAM from anywhere between 2009 and 2019, then this air intake system is sure to work for your system. Basically, if your truck is still running smoothly, then you can outfit it with this intake.
Because it operates with an updated model (not just the factory setup with a boxy design), you benefit from smoother and less restrictive airflow.
In essence, this helps your truck breathe easier and thereby makes it run smoother. It helps your truck accelerate and operate better when you drive on an upward incline.
It works well in terms of removing contamination from the system as a whole. This means that all of the dust and the gunk floating around the air, reducing the amount of particulate that gets into your truck’s system.
This promotes longevity not only of the carb but of the truck’s engine system as a whole.
- Functions for a significant distance traveled
- Increases the response of your throttle
- Makes your vehicle sound better
- Low on the pricing spectrum
- Simple installation process
- Improves horsepower drastically
- Components subject to breakage
- Tricky to replace the filter by yourself
06. AF Dynamic Black Cold Air Intake System
Whether you live in a warm climate or simply keep your truck running for long periods of time, you need to look out for overheating.
Not only is an overheated engine tedious, but it also leads to a plethora of other issues that degrade the engine altogether.
This system keeps your truck running smoothly and works for models made between2009 and 2018.
Ultimately, it works for V8 engines and the design is for a 5.7 Liter – great news for you (since that is what this article is all about).
Made out of stainless steel and silicon, even the hoses are high quality. This lets you rest assured knowing that the system is there to stand the test of time.
It increases torque and overall horsepower. The output of your truck improves automatically once you install this setup and gives it that deep rumble truck drivers desire.
The replaceable filters are made of a unique textile designed for long-lasting efficiency.
- High-quality materials
- Unique filtration method
- Improves the sound and horsepower
- Relatively low cost
- Works on most models
- Improves truck’s torque
- Multiple components subject to damage
- Limited horsepower increase
07. AJP High Flow Induction System
The great aspect of this induction system (and what sets it apart from the rest) is how well it promotes airflow. You want an air intake system that works.
This means getting the most air possible into the engine to optimize its overall function. Now, of course, this only counts if the air getting through is clean. That is what the filter is all about.
With this piece, you get a filter system designed to get all of the debris. Because the system is so simplistic, there is little room for parts to get gunky.
Basically, as long as you change out the filter at a reasonable frequency (barring any unforeseen circumstances), the truck will keep roaring smoothly.
Thanks to a unique setup, even if you live in a really dusty region where particles line the air – places like cities or deserts – you can count on the filter to keep your truck’s air at its best.
- Black piping included with the kit
- Comprehensive instructions
- Designed for longevity
- Works on most models
- Fairly low cost on the overall spectrum
- Components themselves subject to breakage
- Black color can make it difficult to maneuver
08. K&N Air Intake Kit
Perhaps you live in a snowy area and towing heavyweight is a major concern. Maybe you are in a tricky terrain where you must drive up and down hills on a daily basis.
Whatever the case, you are putting a strain on your truck’s engine (making it all the more important to keep your truck breathing properly). That is where this intake system steps in by stepping up its game.
Working for all models of Dodge/Ram between 2009 and 2019, this works on everything from 1500 to a 3500 to a 1500 Classic.
Make the most out of your time driving by placing this system into your truck (the installation process is very simple).
It helps your engine run smoothly – which you can hear from the beautiful hum it promotes.
Accelerate with ease as you run the truck uphill and have a better time throttling in all conditions.
You see a horsepower increase of roughly 50%, thanks to all the particles that filter out of the air your truck breathes.
- Works on 2009 – 2019 models of V8, 5.7 Liters
- Makes your engine run smoothly
- Improves overall horsepower and throttle function
- Significant horsepower and torque increase
- Works for up to 1 million miles
- Extremely simple to install yourself
- Slightly higher on the pricing spectrum
- Bolts on the system are subject to breakage
09. Perfit-formance Cold Air Intake Kit
If you are the kind of person who keeps their truck running smoothly through the decades; the type to still run a 2002 – 2008 model, then this is your ideal intake system.
It’s no secret that the older a truck gets, the more challenging it is for you to find suitable parts.
The great news is that this system works for these trucks and helps get them running smoothly once again.
You benefit from modern features and knowledge since the system works in a different way than the relatively limiting housing the vehicle came with.
Ultimately, you can keep your truck running smoothly and improve overall engine health in one swift step: installing this system.
The filter keeps particles out of the air your truck uses by trapping them in an intelligent system.
The only tricky part is that (even with the high efficiency) you still have to replace the filter frequently.
- Works on 1500/2500 Rams between 2002 and 2008
- Works for over 100,000 miles (in good conditions)
- Unique design improvement in the factory model
- Extremely low-cost option
- Bright blue (for easy recognition)
- Simple to install
- Only suited to older models
- Can be tricky to find filter replacements
10. aFe Power Magnum FORCE 51-12402
If you are the kind of vehicle operator who likes to take matters into your own hands – maximize your control over your vehicle – then this is the setup for you.
The chief reason for this is that the filtration system comes without lubrication. The good news is that you have full control over what oil you use.
Basically, if you have a preference (synthetic, high-grade, etc.), then you can make sure the filter lining matches the system needs.
Otherwise, the setup is really straightforward. It improves horsepower up to 18 points and lets you haul things with ease.
Because the design accommodates the DIYer, you know that the install is simple, and replacing the filter is even easier.
It has three layers of filtration so that even the dustiest air becomes clean. It fits in most models, though to be prudent, ensure that your vehicle is compatible.
- Improved airflow compared to factory setup
- 3 layers of filtration
- Protects your engine from particulate
- Washable filters
- Easy to install
- Made of sturdy aluminum
- Relatively high on the pricing spectrum
- Does not come with lubrication
Buying Considerations of Best Cold Air Intake For Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
When it comes time to choose your intake system, before clicking that ‘add to cart’ button, make sure that you find the best possible option. To make sure of this, there are some helpful points to consider, such as:
It probably won’t surprise you that, for the part to work, it has to fit with all the other parts of your truck.
When you shop online, make sure to keep an eye on the specs and check that your model fits with the part.
If in doubt, take a gander at your owner’s manual. It will lay out the components and ensure that you know exactly what kind of truck you run.
Since all parts of an engine system are interconnected, if the air filter system is too big or too small, the part won’t work at all. Take the extra minute and double-check.
Usually, the factory model is boxy and generally restrictive of the airflow. This limits the amount of burnable oxygen that reaches your system.
While it may filter out particulate, it reduces efficiency in the big picture. Most models nowadays work to prevent this with a lengthier system and more open design.
Because of this, however, they must compensate with additional filtration and better media.
Make sure that these two are in balance (openness and filtration) to ensure the overall longevity of the system itself.
Some models come with filters that are already greased. Others afford you the opportunity to choose your own lubrication.
Depending on your personal preference, both options are functional.
Consider if you have a preference and go from there. If you want to control the type of oil on the filter, then choose an option that comes dry.
If it matters less to you, then skip the step and put more weight on the other considerations.
Most agree that, when you buy a part, it should last as long as possible (while still functioning properly). There are two ways to look at this.
The first is to consider time. Most models suggest a duration over which the intake system will function.
Bear in mind that this refers to the system as a whole – you still need to keep changing the individual filters.
The second way of looking at this is to consider mileage. If you are a heavy driver, this is the factor to consider.
Take a moment and jot down the average distance you drive in a year (or smaller interval if it suits you). Use this to get an idea of how long the system will last you personally.
In essence, the filter system consideration is all about layers. Just like the great onion, filters need layers to perform at their best.
Some come with three, others with five (and basically everything in between). This impacts two things: how easy it is for you to find a replacement filter, and how well the filter works.
Before you make your decision, look into replacement filters and their prices. Use this (along with all other considerations) to make well-informed decisions.
FAQ Best Cold Air Intake For 5.7 Hemi
Can I install the system myself?
Provided you have sufficient floor space and all the necessary tools, yes, you can install this system on your own.
It is usually pretty straightforward to set up and you are typically done within an hour or so.
It never hurts to watch a tutorial and do a bit of research on the part itself before getting started. That said, air filter systems are one of the easier pieces for a beginner to put into place.
How do I know if I need a new system?
The telltale sign of needing a new intake system is slow, unhealthy wheezing emanating from your engine. When you hear this noise, the first step is to change your filter.
This is a low-cost first line of defense. If this doesn’t work, the next step is to replace the system altogether. Generally, when your engine is suffering from debris, it lets you know.
The truck slows down and struggles altogether. When this happens, make sure to switch the system as quickly as possible to prevent further issues.
How do you get more power from the 5.7 Hemi engine?
The 5.7 Hemi engine power can be increased by many ways, one of them is reducing the engine weight the replacement of the iron flywheel by the lightweight aluminum flywheel.
How much horsepower can add a cold air intake to the engine?
Averagely the cold air intake can add 8 to 25 horsepower additionally with the proper installation. Which also depends on the oxygen percentage getting in the cold air intake.
Top 10 Silverado 350 Carburator reviews.
Installation of Cold Air Intake DIY Steps
When it comes down to it, installation is pretty straightforward. Clean out space and budget for a couple of hours. Get all of your tools lined up and have the instructions (and owner’s manual) handy.
Take a read-through of the process beforehand to get an idea of what to expect. Essentially, you will:
- Take safety considerations: disconnect the battery and park the truck
- Disconnect necessary parts: Including the PCV hose, the clips on the filter lid, and the IAT sensor
- Loosen the bolts and take out the intake plenin
- Remove the stock filter and the o-ring around the throttle
- Get the adapter in the heat shield then install the boot and place the clamp (you will tighten it later)
- Take out the IAT sensor (assuming your model has one) then remove the o-ring
- Insert the grommet on the same side as the breather then setup the plug on the reverse side
- Net, install the sensor but don’t press too hard, the grommet could dip into the tube
- Without an IAT, just install the plugs into their allotted spaces on the tube
- Place the coupler on the body of the throttle
- Tighten the clamps on the throttle side (leave the intake clamp loose – you’ll tighten it later)
- Place the heat shield making sure it aligns properly, then clip into place
- Install the intake tube on the coupling component (part of the heat shield), then to the throttle
- Now, you can tighten all the clamps
- Cut the hose (the breather hose) and install on the oil filler and intake tubes
- Reconnect the IAT sensor (if applicable)
- Make sure you tighten everything properly
- Double-check your work
- Reconnect your battery
- Happy driving!
Dos & Don’ts
In order to have the best experience both using and installing your intake system, there are a few points to keep in mind. Some of them are pretty straightforward while others might surprise you. These include:
- Ensure your system is compatible with your vehicle
- Make sure your filter has sufficient lubrication.
- Replace your filter routinely
- Maintain your truck properly (all parts)
- Listen to your vehicle – the noises are it communicating
- Always keep safety at the forefront of your priorities
- Run your vehicle excessively
- Ignore warning signs (like a check engine light)
- Try to run your truck on a faulty filter
- Install your intake system if you are ill-equipped
- Wait too long to change out your filters
- Disregard your instincts (if you think you need to replace it, you are probably right)
The long and short of it is that you must stay aware of your truck’s condition. Read your owner’s manual and get an understanding of how long your intake system should last.
When you exceed this, replace the component to ensure that your vehicle runs as well as possible (and has a long and happy life).
Maintenance Tips & Tricks
No matter what part of the vehicle you consider, proper maintenance is essential to optimal performance.
While, sometimes, it is a matter of replacing the system altogether, there are some straightforward steps you can take to make sure your air system is at the top of its game. These include:
- Keeping the system clean. This is a pretty simple step and includes using lubrication and a trusty rag. Pop the hood on your truck and take a look at the system.
- Wipe it down and lubricate the necessary components. This, on its own, is a key step to keeping the air intake happy.
- Replace the filters when necessary. It should be no surprise that, for your air intake to work properly, the air filter needs to be clean. Choose a high-quality filter that is compatible with your system. While keeping an eye on the mileage is a good way to go, if you are in a particularly dusty location, it is safe to say the filter needs changing more frequently.
- Get your vehicle inspected. It is no secret that humans need doctor checkups. Trucks are no different.
- So, to make sure your truck is ‘firing on all cylinders’, get a certified mechanic to take a look once in a while. If you are mechanically inclined, then just be sure to stay aware of the truck’s wellbeing. It will pay off in the long run.
Head Gasket For 6.0 Powerstroke Diesel Ford Reviews.
Finding the best cold air intake for your Dodge Ram 1500, 5.7 Hemi is an essential step to keeping your vehicle running properly.
Improve your horsepower, maximize acceleration, and get that glorious hum under the engine. You deserve a trustworthy ride so don’t cut corners – pick the best intake system for your truck.